Sunday, February 24, 2013

Protector

Sometimes we don't realize who really cares until something happens and we need them most. I grew up in a village of feline anthros, everyone supported each other. We needed to, every family had their tasks, the Leon's were hunters, the Riverian's were fishers, the Bobtail's were gatherers. Then the was my family the Cheeta's we did what we could, but I just couldn't find anything I was good at. The Tigerian's are rather new to the village but they're our guardians from outsiders.

Rae was their son my age, and we were good friends, but he surprised me that day, that horrid day. It was like any other day, but then the intruders showed up. Everyone panicked and I'm not sure everyone made it out okay but I was terrified. I had ran to the forest and hid, it was the scariest thing I had faced; one of the intruders had chased me, they had called each other humans.

He had me cornered against one of the oldest trees, he wasn't open to negotiating. He was ready to kill me, he leaped, but never made it near me. I opened my eyes to see Rae crushing his throat. I collapsed, but Rae had thrown the human and caught me. "Don't worry, I won't ever let them harm you..." He held me close to him, feeling my trembling, " I will always protect you, I am your protector..."
inspired by: photo by~Blackpassion777 on furaffinity.net

No comments:

Post a Comment